The World Street Fishing event is:
- A strict no-kill catch & release event with fish welfare being of prime importance at all time
- All anglers must be 18 on the first day of registration
- Run as a Catch Photo Release format
- Fishing must be carried out respecting the spirit and traditions of an international event.
- The organisers, Angling Spirit Ltd, will have absolute control and discretion over the competition, rules and terms and conditions.
- The organisers reserve the right to modify all or part of the rules and T&C at any time.
- World Street Fishing rules abide by and include all relevant local rules and have been reviewed and authorised by appropriate local authorities.
- All competitors understand that they have to provide organisers with all required documents & insurance as a condition to their entry in the event.
- All competitors will be required to sign a registration form to confirm acceptance of the full and final event rules and terms & conditions.
- All competitors to sign event disclaimer.
- All offences will be reported to the organisers and dealt with in accordance with their seriousness and may lead to disqualification.
- Organisers will use competitors’ image at their sole discretion on any support material they deem appropriate at any the time from acceptance of entry in the event.
- English is the official language of the World Predator Classic.
- The official currency of the World Street Fishing is the Euro (€).
- Official time format is 24 hours and all times mentioned are local times.
- Official measurement is centimeters (cm).
- World Street Fishing (WSF) rules/term & conditions are the property of Angling Spirit Ltd. They cannot be used or copied even partially without getting written consent and crediting by Angling Spirit.
A1- Competition must take place only on banks highlighted in GREEN on the map printed on the scorecard.
A2- Only fish caught on an artificial lure and by the mouth will count. Any fish caught by the gills or other body parts will not count.
A3- Anglers must strictly stay on public access banks. It is not allowed to fish in waders, from boats even moored and or any kind of private properties.
A4- Anglers are not allowed to use any kind of transport to include car, bike, roller skates, skateboards etc nor are they allowed to get a lift/ride by a 3rd party.
A5- Referees have the right to stop an angler from competing if the angler is found unfit due to drugs or excess alcohol.
A6- Any acts of deliberate pollution (ie rubbish etc) of the water or land carries a 3-year ban in any Angling Spirit WSF event unless fine set by local authorities is settled.
A7- Head Street Fishing Referee to be called in the event of a dispute
B-DOs (what you must do)
B1- Competitors can walk in a team or alone on the whole map area during each day of the competition.
B2- Fishing with artificial lures only.
B3- Anglers can carry two (2) rods but only one (1) can be used at a time.
B4- Only one (1) artificial lure is allowed per rod. NO DOUBLE drop shot or drop shot + jighead allowed.
B5- Respect another fellow competitors’ water. Call a referee in case of a dispute.
B6- Keep copies of all pictures of your catch as these can be asked by Results Officials for better reading if necessary
C- DONT’S (what you can’t do)
C1- THERE IS NO FISHING IN THE COMPETITION ARENA the day before the start of the competition. Anglers found fishing in the competition Arena in the day leading to the event will be checked by local authorities. If they are registered on the Official list, they will then lose their right to compete on day 1.
Anglers are free to practice in advance of the event on any banks which are not marked as part of the Arena. Arena map will be posted online.
C2- Flyfishing is not allowed
C3- Any kind of baiting is forbidden
C4- Not allowed to fish during the official break if any are planned
D- PROCEDURE TO RECORD A CATCH
D1- If you are alone and you need help to make correct measurements and photos request for referee’s assistance by sending an SMS to WSF HQ with zone reference -number and zones reference provided on scorecards.
D2- Fish to be unhooked on an unhooking mat
D3- To validate the catch two (2) pictures are required:
- Picture 1: fish showing the left flank on the Official Measure which is on top of the unhooking mat and showing clearly the competitor’s unique ID and Fish Unique Number (FUN) which each competitor receives by email on each morning of the competition.
- Picture 2 with the angler holding the fish and with his unique ID card and FUN number clearly visible.
In both pictures, we need to see the fish LEFT FLANK
D4- For each recorded catch you MUST make a short video showing the fish swimming away.
D5-Any fish dropped on the ground void any points allowance.
D6- Fish to be released with great care. Any fish not alive when released void any points allowance.
E- HOW POINTS ARE BEING AWARDED
E1- Each competitor starts with 0 points on the first day. Each centimetre of regulation fish is 1 point.
On the second day of the competition, each competitor who didn’t get any points on the first day of the competition starts with a negative score, which is the number of participants.
The winner will be selected by the highest number of points scored during the two days of the competition.
World Street Fishing Champion 2022 will be the one angler with the greatest amount of cm recorded over the combined 2 sessions.
E2- In case of a tie and in that order, the winner will be:
The angler with the longest Asp, Chub, Pike, Zander & Perch in that order.
If there is still a tie:
The angler with the greatest length in session 1,
The angler with the greatest length in session 2,
For the longest fish in each category, in case of a tie the first fish caught will be declared the winner.
E3- Only fish caught on an artificial lure and by the mouth will count. Any fish caught by the gills or any other part of the body will not count.
E4- Every fish if listed below will be awarded points as follow:
– Only fish of or above the legal size: 1 cm = 1 point.
– Only full centimeters will be recorded. If the fish is over the length marker the next full centimeter number will be recorded.
– Only the longest 5 fish from each species count.
E5- Anglers must have placed their completed Catch Card in the box before the end of the session is sounded.
– Anglers will then receive a 5cm deduction per minute up to a maximum of 15 minutes thereafter the card will be void.
E6- Only pictures submitted as follow will be allowed:
– Recorded via Angling Spirit App from a mobile phone
E7- Any picture of fish with any of the following points will void the capture:
– Bloodstained, fish lips not touching the black line, hand on top of fish, dead fish, fish not showing left flank, angler ID, and Fish Unique Number not clearly visible.
– Poor exposure will void the entry with no possible re-submission unless requested by the Result Desk.
E8- Minimum competition legal size & maximum number of catches allowed per species
|Pike / Brochet/Hecht
|Asp / Aspe
F- ANGLERS’ CATCH CARD & RESULT CHECK
F1- Anglers must have placed their completed Catch Card in the box before the end of the session is sounded.
F2- Anglers will then receive a 5cm deduction per minute up to a maximum of 15 minutes thereafter the card will be void.
F3- Full Catch List of Day 1 will be published online and in print at event HQ.
F4- If necessary, WSF Result Desk will ask via an SMS to angler’s phone as found on the Registration Form to come to SF Result Desk at HQ between 08:30 am & 09:45 am. Anglers have then until Saturday 10 am to provide WSF Result Desk with the required information.
- Any information provided after the start of session 2 will see the fish queried being void.
- If an angler raises a query, he needs to allow sufficient time to ensure it will be resolved by the start of session 2.
- At organisers’ discretion, un-resolved issues could result in the fish queried being void or being awarded more time.
F5- Session 2 Catch List will be published online and at Event HQ. Anglers have then until 16:30 pm to check and come forward if they have any queries or have been asked to come by WSF Result Desk.
- Maximum of 2 rods per competitor.
- Landing net
- Unhooking mat
- Good pliers are required to unhook. Pliers can be checked by Officials at any time including at registration.
- Smartphone with the camera.
- Official measuring tape provided during registration (in cm)
H- ON-SITE REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
H1- Present Photo ID & Health Pass – (ie: passport – driving license)
H2- Angler to sign on-site their pre-filled on-line Registration Form/disclaimer in front of an Event Official
H3- Any monies due to be paid exclusively on desk #4 before proceeding to one of the three official registration desks.
H4- Welcome bag to be given at registration and will only be handed to participating anglers present on-site.
I- REGISTRATION – TEAM –
I1- Registration will close on Thursday the 1st of June or when 150 anglers are being registered whichever comes first.
I2- Any changes made after the 1st of June will only be addressed on-site during registration. Anglers to present themselves to desk #4.
I3- Important reminder all participants must fill their online registration/disclaimer form prior to coming to on-site registration.
I4- A Team comprises two individual competitors who have entered the Team category.
I5- Each member of a Team fish for an individual score and a chance to become champion of the World Street Fishing.
I6- The scores of the two individual members of a Team make the total Team score.
Example Team A Angler 1 score + Angler 2 score = Team A total score
The Team which has the most points is the winning team.
J1- Anglers will be awarded prizes for 1st to 10th place overall.
J2- Prizes will be awarded to the angler who catches the longest of each of the 5 species.
J3- Team prizes will be awarded to 1st to 3th place overall in the Team category.
J4- There will be a lottery at the end of the prize-giving.
Each competitor who wants to take part will have to put his event ID card into the draw box and make a minimum contribution of €5. Money collected will fund an environmental project led by Spirit OF Angling.