The event is staged in association with the local French Fishing Federation, the city of Metz, the Grand Est region and some fantastic sponsors including: Flambeau, Lowrance, Eagle Claw, Grundens, Peters & May Reuben Heaton, Quantum, Sakura, Biwaa, Duo International, Orka Lures, Hybreda Lures, Dragon fishing equipment amongst others.
Event Details WSF 2019
2019 Event in Brief
- Open to 300 participants
- Dedicated welcome party
- 2-day event including a night session
- Fantastic welcome bags
- Quality prize table from sponsors and partners
- Great atmosphere
- No fishing allowed in competition arena on the day prior to the start – see rules.
- All past participants will have a guaranteed place in the 2019 competition if registering before 30th November 2018.
New for 2019
Amazing NEW LOCATION – Metz – Eastern France
Located in Eastern France right on the border with Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium close to the Netherlands and with easy access to the UK, Poland and the rest of Europe we are really looking forward to staging the 2019 World Street Fishing event.
Metz has a vast spectacular area to fish right in the heart of the city and very importantly has a lot of fish to catch
- A DEDICATED EVENT on the 31st May 1st and 2nd June 2019 with Angling Spirit event management and media team
- A MINIMUM OF 15 kms of great fishable bank space including City Centre, Rivers, Canals, Weirs and bridges to keep the event very exciting for everybody.
- An INTERNATIONAL QUALIFYING EVENT support structure – full information to be posted shortly.
A Brief History of Street Fishing
What is Street Fishing?
It is fishing for predator fish in an urban setting.
Where did it start?
Street Fishing started on the banks of the Seine river in Paris which happened to be an excellent habitat for predator fishing.
Why it became an instant hit?
It gave principally youngsters who didn’t have any transport facility to travel to lakes or rivers outside Paris the chance to fish the ” the city of love” among thousands of tourists. Catching big zander, perch and even 2 meter + catfish are not an exception! So can you imagine the surprise of the tourists? No wonder then that Street Fishing was born in the magical city of Paris.
Where is now Street Fishing trending?
Mainly in the Netherlands, Belgium and France but events can more and more be seen in most European countries.
What’s next for Street Fishing?
Started in 2014 as a sub-event of the World Predator Classic, the event is now becoming its own with dedicated venue, date, and branding as the WORLD STREET FISHING. It aims to offer through a quickly expanding qualifier structure a truly international event for all to enjoy.
So you can either enter it or watch it, either way, it will be a great occasion An event NOT TO BE MISSED